Admissions » Grades 1-5

Grades 1-5

If you live in the zone, please call our main office at 212-452-6650 to make an appointment for registration. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday from the hours of 9:00am -12:00pm. During the appointment, you must submit proof of your child’s date of birth and proof of residence. See below for the required documents for registration.

Your child MUST be present at the time of registration. You must bring MUST bring the following documents: ORIGINAL documents are required (please also bring a copy of each original document):
1. Child’s birth certificate, passport or baptismal certificate for proof of birth.

2. Child’s school report card, if applicable.

3. Health Examination form completed by the pediatrician's office.

4. Child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable. 
5. Two (2) of the following proofs of residence. Acceptable documents are listed below:
  • Lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;
  • A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison); must be dated within the past 60 day;
  • Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City House Authority, the federal Office or Refugee Resettlement, the Human Resources Administration, or the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor, indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
  • A current property tax bill for the residence;
  • A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 90 days;
  • Rent receipt which includes the address of residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
  • State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence;
  • Income tax form for the last calendar year;
  • Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, which has not expired;
  • Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days;
  • Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence;
  • Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and address of residence;
  • Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers; documents must have been issued within the past 60 days and include name of student and address of residence;
NOTE: We are extremely meticulous about address verification.

According to the Chancellor's Regulation A-101 your child’s primary residence is where s/he resides and sleeps at night. An apartment you rent or own but do not reside in at the time of registration, your place of employment or any other variation is not considered a primary residence. For divorced families, the address of the custodial parent is used for registration; the custody agreement must be submitted at the time of registration.

The NYCDOE reserves the right to conduct address investigations and abide by the findings of the investigations.

It’s illegal to question families on their immigration status. Immigrants do not have to provide documents of US residency but they must provide the same proofs of residence as noted above.